Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In Memory of Steve

I sat alone and watched the memorial for our wilderness warrior, australia's croc hunter, an amazing man of passion; a fantastic dad.

I thought it all well done and very interesting; and a true reflection of the man himself. However when Bindi came front and center to talk about her daddy it really got to me.
I thought how proud of her he'd be.
I watched as everyone stood to applaud her courage -
In her his passion will live on.

It was as if I could feel those present - and all Australians, indeed the world -
embracing her, taking her to their collective hearts.

I believe there will be nothing this little girl will not be able to do.


I am sure the crocodiles are gonna love her.

I feel quiet, reflective - changed somehow.

Crikey indeed!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home