Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blogging with Carla but she is away so it's Amanda!

I was thinking about the people who have had to evacuate their homes due to the fires in CA. So here is my prompt for today:

You are forced to leave your home and you will never be able to return. You can take only what you can carry in your arms. What will you take?
* * * * *
I have a backpack all prepared and tested with all VIP documents, medications heat and rain protection, 1st Aid and basic food and water for 3 days. Change of clothes.

I know where it is and I can easily get it onto my back. Or my scooter.

My WIP (writings in progress) are on a memory stick right by the door to be grabbed. I have also on there photos of things that are special but that I wouldn't be able to take with me: childhood treasures etc.

I have in my mobile (cell) phone the new number for State Emergency Services and the number for National security.

I was taught years ago,
prepare for the worst,
expect the best
then just get on with life.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very very smart!!! i need to get all of our important docs in a safe place together. they are all over our file cabinet.

4:34 AM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home