Tuesday, March 04, 2008

THANK GOODNESS, I'M A HAPPY GUEST
John Denver
- words and music by John Martin Summers


Well, life at the CASTLE is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country guest like me can't hack
It's early to rise, early in the sack
Thank Goodness, I'm a country guest.

Well a simple kinda life never gave me hassle
A raisin' me a family and workin' in a castle
My days are all filled with an easy country best
Thank Goodness I'm a Castle Guest.

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low
The Butler pulls out a fiddle and he rosin' up the bow
The chooks are asleep so he keeps it kinda low
Thank Goodness I'm a happy guest.

He's bin playing "Waltzing Matilda'" all day if he could
But the Lord and HRH take it very good
So he fiddles when he can, work when he should
Thank Goodness I am a relaxed guest.

Well I wouldn't trade my life for diamonds or jewels
never was one of those money hungry fools
But! gotta have me a Butler and swimmin' pool
Thank Goodness I'm a laid back guest.

Yeah, city folk drivin' in a black limousine
A lotta poor people thinkin' that's a mighty keen
Hey let me tell ya now exactly what it means
I'm happy being here with the Queen (ahem HRH)

Well, the Castle was not her daddies - it's only in her stride
And she took her Consort by the hand and held him close to her side
She said...'Live a good life and live with pride
Then you know we will never have to hide

HRH taught many how to punt and how to put on a kettle
she read many books and learned how to wave
Taught how to love and how to give just a little
Thank Goodness she can behave.

Well, shes got a fine Consort, he might be a riddle
When the sun's comin' up the maids got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle
Thank Goodness I'm a stayin' at the castle..

with apologies or whatever to the the original author...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home